The Amherst County Republican Committee (ACRC) seeks to promote conservative values in the County and surrounding areas by providing opportunities to participate in the nomination of our candidates, campaign for our nominees, and learn about the conservative movement more generally. We represent the front line in the fight against expansive government at all levels, with a particular focus on local matters. The ACRC provides an environment in which you can strengthen your conservative beliefs while surrounded by a group of friendly, like-minded people. We abide by the Virginia Republican Creed and seek to advance its principles in all that we do. The Creed states that we believe:
- That the free enterprise system is the most productive supplier of human needs and economic justice
- That all individuals are entitled to equal rights, justice, and opportunities and should assume their responsibilities as citizens in a free society
- That fiscal responsibility and budgetary restraints must be exercised at all levels of government
- That the Federal Government must preserve individual liberty by observing Constitutional limitations
- That peace is best preserved through a strong national defense
- That faith in God, as recognized by our Founding Fathers, is essential to the moral fiber of the Nation
The ACRC meets regularly on the second Tuesday of each month at 7PM, when we host speakers, discuss contemporary events, talk campaign strategy, and much, much more. You can also find us at the majority of major events put on in the County, where you’ll see us passing out information on our amazing candidates and encouraging others to get involved in the conservative movement.